Thank you for your interest in applying for a YNPN Pgh Professional Development Award! As part of our mission to work for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the nonprofit sector, YNPN Pgh believes that finances, whether personal or that of a nonprofit organization, should not be a barrier to an individual's professional development.
This award cycle is closed! Applicants have been notified privately.
Stay tuned for our next round!
- Applicants must be YNPN Pgh Paid Members.
- Please visit the membership tab on this website to purchase or renew your membership.
- Current YNPN PGH Board Members are not eligible to apply.
- Award funds are to help defray the costs of professional development opportunities to enhance your nonprofit career. Uses of the award include, but are not limited to:
- Professional workshops or classes
- Seminars and conferences relating to nonprofit administration, governance, and/or direct service provision
- A one-time class/course
- The award funds must be used for professional development opportunity that occurs between February 20, 2018 and August 8, 2018.
- Awards can not be used for anything unavailable to the public (such as one-on-one consulting).
- The award amount and number of awardees is determined by the YNPN Award Application Review Team and the YNPN Board of Directors based on the resources of YNPN Pgh during the award period and the number of applications received.
- Recipients will be required to submit proof of registration, payment, and attendance of the professional development opportunity prior to receiving reimbursement for the opportunity.
- Awardees are required to submit a testimonial following their use of the award as a requirement of acceptance.
- The award amount is not guaranteed to cover the entirety of the costs of the opportunity, but should be viewed as a way to defray the cost of the opportunity.
- All applications are reviewed by all members of the Award Application Review Team, which is composed of volunteers from the YNPN Pgh Board as well as volunteer committee members.
- Applications are rated on a points scale with the highest scoring applicants being reviewed by the YNPN Pgh Board as prospective recipients.
- All applications will be reviewed according to the same set of standards, and all applications will be reviewed by and scored by the entire Award Application Review Team to ensure fairness.
- YNPN Pgh and the ad hoc application review committee reserves the right to decline the application if the activity falls outside the recommended parameters.
For any questions regarding the YNPN Pgh Professional Development Award or application, please email email@example.com.