Thank you for your interest in applying for a YNPN Pgh Professional Development Award! As part of our mission to work for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the nonprofit sector, YNPN Pgh believes that finances, whether personal or that of a nonprofit organization, should not be a barrier to an individual's professional development.
2020 YNPN Pittsburgh Professional Development Awards
Two awards of up to $750 each will be made per calendar year, one for 1/01-6/30 and another for 7/01-12/31. You may apply for both cycles, but any successful awardee may only receive funds ONCE per calendar year.
Funds will be disbursed via reimbursement after the submission of receipts or YNPN will pay for verified registration costs upfront directly through the appropriate vendor.
- You must be a current YNPN member in good standing in order to apply
- Please visit the membership tab on this website to purchase or renew your membership.
- Current YNPN PGH Board Members are not eligible to apply.
- This award can be used for professional conference registration, tuition for non-credit bearing coursework (such as through the Bayer Center), pursuing a professional certification or credential, and many other non-academic, professionally focused uses. This award cannot be used to pay tuition towards a degree.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions
- The award amount is not guaranteed to cover the entirety of the costs of the opportunity you are pursuing, but should be viewed as a way to defray the cost of the opportunity.
- All applications are reviewed by all members of the Award Application Review Team, which is composed of volunteers from the YNPN Pgh Board as well as volunteer committee members.
- Applications are rated on a points scale with the highest scoring applicants being reviewed by the YNPN Pgh Board as prospective recipients.
- All applications will be reviewed according to the same set of standards, and all applications will be reviewed by and scored by the entire Award Application Review Team to ensure fairness.
- YNPN Pgh and the ad hoc application review committee reserves the right to decline the application if the activity falls outside the recommended parameters.