Committees deliver member-focused programs and manage many day-to-day operations. Committee volunteers:
- Make a one-year commitment
- Attend most monthly meetings (in person or via phone)
- Must be a YNPN Pittsburgh Member
- Actively participate on a committee, including engaging in tasks and communication between meetings
Member Communications and Outreach Committee – You will work with other committee members to implement a member recruitment and outreach strategy, analyze membership metrics, direct digital communications through social media and our member newsletter, manage our website and CRM system, and work cross-functionally with other committees to ensure that the work of YNPN Pittsburgh is communicated thoroughly and meaningfully.
Fundraising Committee – You will work with other committee members to create and implement the annual fundraising plan, cultivate corporate and community sponsors, steward individual and philanthropic relationships, and work hand-in-hand with the Treasurer to keep up-to-date and accurate financial records.
Member Engagement Committee – You will work with other committee members to plan the coordination of networking and professional development events to engage both members and prospective members, work with the Fundraising Committee to finance the organization’s events, manage the Mentoring program, and perform post-event evaluations for review and improvement. This committee also helps to develop partnerships with external organizations to increase YNPN Pittsburgh’s visibility within the community.
Executive Committee – This is the only YNPN Pittsburgh Committee where all members are elected annually by the YNPN Pittsburgh Board. This Committee consists of the Board’s President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary and guides strategy and direction for YNPN Pittsburgh. This committee includes oversight of governance matters (board member recruitment, development, bylaws) and financial matters (budgeting, legal compliance, financial reporting, and payments.) This committee provides opportunities for other board members or new volunteers to participate in governance, finance, or occasional ad hoc committees.
- If you wish to move forward with volunteering, please submit a volunteer application form.
- Afterwards, you will be contacted with the date and time of our next Committee Volunteer Orientation. They are usually every month depending on demand.
- After you’re oriented, you will be connected with the chair of the committee you selected to volunteer for. The committee chair will be your point person to begin volunteering.
Thank you to current committee members:
- Kelci Degnian, Allegheny County Library Association
- Kara Rubio, Women for a Healthy Environment
- Emily Neff
- Christina Uplinger
- Anne Jenson, Americorps Keys
- Mallory Draisma, Life’sWork of Western PA
- Vince Russo, Delta Tau Delta Educational Foundation
- Sarah Urbanic, The Watson Institute