Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Pittsburgh (YNPN PGH) relies on an amazing team of committed volunteers to accomplish our mission. We wouldn’t be here without you!
If you’d like to inspire mentoring, networking, and professional development for young nonprofit professionals within our Pittsburgh community, please click the application link!
- Deeper Connections: Volunteering with fellow professionals can help build a portfolio of references for your personal career growth
- Support Other Professionals: Help us support fellow professionals with career development
- Grow Skills: Hone your skills or work on developing new ones with specific task/projects
- Mentoring: Access to YNPN PGH mentoring program
What roles are available?
Board of Directors
(role averages 10-20 hours/month)
(role averages 4-10 hours/month)
Board of Directors provide active governance, oversight, leadership, and strategy for the organization.
Committees deliver member-focused programs and manage many day-to-day operations
What does each committee do?
Governance Committee - You will on-board prospective board and committee members, hone the process and transparency of on-boarding, develop recruiting strategies for new board and committee members, manage board member nominations, review exit evaluation, and lead the annual policy and bylaws review process.
Member Relations - You will work with other committee members to welcome new members as they join, managed the YNPN Pgh member newsletter, create and implement a member recruitment strategy, conduct polls and surveys to enhance membership experience, and work with the Fundraising Committee on our contract management system.
Fundraising Committee - You will work with other committee members to create and implement the annual fundraising plan, cultivate corporate sponsors for events, steward individual and philanthropic relationships, and work hand-in-hand with the Treasurer to keep up-to-date and accurate financial records.
Programs Committee - You will work with other committee members to plan the coordination of networking and professional development events, work with the Fundraising Committee to finance the organization's events, manage the Mentoring program, maintain YNPN Pgh’s chapter website and social media platforms, as well as preform post-event evaluations for review and improvement. Lastly, the Programs Committee helps to develop partnerships with external organizations to increase YNPN Pgh visibility within the community.
What does the application process involve?
- If wish to move forward with volunteering please submit a volunteer application form (click this link).
- Afterwards, you will be contacted with the date and time of our next Committee Volunteer Orientation. They are usually every month depending on demand.
- After you’re oriented, you will be connected with the chair of the committee you selected to volunteer for. The committee chair will be your point person to being your volunteer journey.
For Board of Director volunteers, please complete steps 1 and 2. After orientation you will be asked to attend a subsequent board meeting for board nomination/election process.
Wish to speak to someone directly? Email Us!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.